The internet might seem like a place with an infinite number of marketing options and it can be overwhelming, but it gets a lot less scary if you know exactly where to look. Accordingly, this article will show you some ways of online business promotion.
Six Ways of Online Business Promotion
1) Google My Business (GMB) listing
This feature enables your business to be on Google maps, so everyone can easily find it. It doesn’t include only your location, but a number of useful things:
- The phone number that your customers can use to reach you
- Your work hours, so people know when you are open for business
- The official website of your brand, for those who want to learn more
- A share button, so people can share about you on their social media
- The popularity of your business over time
- Reviews that people can leave
GMB can not only help you connect with your local community, but it also improves your SEO rank.
2) SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) rank
The main aim of every business promotion plan is to get increased traffic, which is exactly what SEO does.
Whenever you Google something, you get a list of results related to your search. So, when someone is looking up your business, you want them to actually find information about it.
There are various factors that come into play when your website is getting ranked on a search engine, and some of the most important ones are:
- The keyword located in the title tag
Simply put, the title tag is the headline you click when you are looking up a website on a search engine. They matter because they describe in short what the page you are clicking is all about. So, if you are looking up, for example, How to use Twitter, you will naturally be interested in pages that have a similar name.
- How long your content is
Google will always first show pages that have more content. The length signifies that the page is thoroughly written, and as such is more informative than really short ones.
- Content that bears a similar name
This actually has a negative effect on your SEO ranking. Pages on your website should have original names.
- Links leading to the outside of your website
They can be useful, but too many of them can hurt your rank.
- Internal links
These actually help and it is recommended to use them as often as possible.
They impact your SEO ranking, too. Having accounts with the name of your business on multiple social networks will boost your rank.
3) Online Business Promotion on Social Networks
Speaking of social media, all of them can be used to promote your business. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube are only some the most used social networks, with millions and millions of monthly users.
Facebook remains the most popular social network platform for marketers, and for a good reason. It is not only the most visited social media, but 26% of its users make a purchase after clicking on an advertisement.
With over 700 million monthly users, Instagram can only be good for your business. Even if you are not planning to use ads, making a beautiful profile and creating content that your target audience likes can be of great help.
Twitter is especially useful because a well-crafted Tweet with an interesting image or video can attract new followers and customers.
LinkedIn is another social network, but what separates it from the rest is that it is specifically made for businesses. Using LinkedIn, you connect to not only new customers but also colleagues and potential partners.
You can create a resume, post status updates, create posts about business tips and even join different groups that are relevant to your interests.
4) Create video content
Videos are the most useful marketing tool. They have 1200% more shares than text posts and images combined. Furthermore, 64% of users said that they are more likely to purchase a product after seeing a video for it.
With Facebook getting over 8 billion video views daily and YouTube being the second largest search engine (right after Google), it is clear that video content matters.
There are hundreds of thousands of content creators on YouTube, but are they all successful with millions of subscribers? Sadly not. This isn’t because of the quality of their content, but because they don’t advertise. YouTube has different kinds of ads:
- display ads appear to the right of a video
- overlay ads are semi-transparent and appear at the bottom of a video
- skippable ads can be skipped after 5 seconds and can be placed before, during and after a video
- non-skippable ads last up to 30 seconds and cannot be skipped; can also be placed before, during or after a video
- bumper ads are also non-skippable but must be watched before the video can be viewed
- sponsored cards appear to the right of a video and show content related to it
You can always start by creating a simple video about your product and post it on your YouTube channel. You can then link this video to your other social media accounts to promote it.
Later on, if you want more views and traffic, you can always decide to use YouTube ads.
5) Create a blog
Nowadays, having a blog seems almost crucial. It helps to generate traffic, earn customer trust and keep them engaged. It is one of the most important things in online business promotion.
It is of importance that you post frequently and about things that are relevant to your customers’ interest. You should also aim to keep your posts interesting and even amusing because no one likes reading boring content.
Blogs enable you to interact with your readers. Ask for their opinion on your posts and if they have anything to add. Remember to respond frequently and professionally. This is a way of not only gaining customer trust but also a way of getting feedback.
The quality of your blog influences traffic which then influences your rank on the search engines. Therefore, by having a good blog, people are more likely to find out about your brand.
6) Coupons, sales, and giveaways
- Giveaways can usually be found on social networks and a person can win them by retweeting or sharing. This way, your brand appears on the feeds of their friends, which is a kind of promotion for your brand.
- Coupons are so popular that there are even special websites that help people collect them. Don’t be afraid of giving these to potential customers.
- Concerning sales, who doesn’t like them? How many times have you bought something because you waited for it to go on a sale?
No matter if you are a new business owner or not, the internet is a great way of putting yourself out there. Having all the most visited social networks and posting regularly is a safe way of promoting your business online. What’s more, their use is easy and free.
We hope that these six tips are of help to you and make your online business promotion easier. If you have any questions, you can call us or reach us via email!